Parents are encouraged to have healthy and active children, and tennis is an excellent way for your child to get in shape and get regular exercise. Bayview Village Tennis Camp, the top kids’ tennis summer camp in Toronto, tells parents that there are a number of benefits of signing their children up for tennis lessons.
When you play tennis, it gets you moving, something that benefits both the body and mind. It is also a sport that children can play regardless of their skill level; our kids’ tennis summer camp offers lessons for everyone, from beginners right up to children with intermediate experience playing the sport.
Whether you want your child to learn to play tennis for the health benefits and so you can enjoy quality time with them or because they’re a budding Milos Raonic or Aleksandra Wozniak, there are many benefits they will enjoy if you sign them up for our kids’ tennis summer camp. Here are just some of the advantages:
1. Good for Heart Health: Playing tennis is an excellent way to burn calories and promote good heart health. An adult male playing one hour of singles tennis burns 600 calories and one hour of doubles burns 425 calories. The average woman, meanwhile, burns 420 calories playing an hour of singles tennis and 330 calories playing doubles. Tennis is also an excellent way to prevent heart disease.
2. Improves Flexibility, Coordination, and Balance: Tennis is literally a whole body sport that requires coordination between the feet, hands, and eyes. It also requires strength in the upper body to hit the ball over the net with force. Playing tennis regularly is an excellent way to improve hand-eye coordination and build upper body strength.
3. Boost Brain Power: Playing tennis requires you to be quick on your feet, think creatively (often on the fly), and coordinate between different parts of your body while playing. As an added bonus, playing tennis can also improve brain function and aid memory.
4. Improves Bone Health: Tennis isn’t just good for building muscle and strength; it also builds bone mass. Tennis is a weight-bearing activity that is excellent for building strong, healthy bones.
5. Weight Loss: Since it provides a full body workout involving running and swinging a racket, tennis is an excellent way to lose weight that’s a lot of fun as well.
Improve your child’s health, coordination, and confidence when you sign them up for our kids’ tennis summer camp. But hurry, spots at Bayview Village Tennis Camp always fill up fast!
Utley, C., “5 Health Benefits of Playing Tennis,” HowStuffWorks.com; http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/aging/retirement/5-health-benefits-of-playing-tennis.htm#page=0, last accessed May 7, 2014.
Latest posts by Peter Nielsen (see all)
- Tennis Lessons for Beginners in Toronto - April 18, 2018
- Top Child Developmental Benefits of Playing Tennis - March 21, 2018
- Different Types of Tennis Drills Every Player Should Know - February 20, 2018