Are you a parent who wants to support your child’s tennis game but are unsure of how? These tennis tricks and tips are simple and clear so you can help your little ones play like professionals! Tennis camp for kids is a great way for them to learn these tennis tricks from trained professionals, and by learning about them, you can help them maintain what they’ve learned after camp season is over.
7 Quick Fixes to Help You Play Tennis like a Pro
These seven tennis tricks and tips for kids can help them play better and get more out of the technicality of the sport. By trying these tested and true tips, your child can excel at the sport and increase their confidence.
1. Find and stick to a pattern that works for you. Especially for beginners, it is important to aim for the shots you know you can succeed at. Getting too fancy or creative can actually hold you back from achieving your full potential.
2. Control your serve speed. The serve is the most important shot in the entire game of tennis, but instead of serving as hard as possible, go at about 80% of your full speed and focus on accuracy.
3. Make sure to get your back leg and weight behind the ball. By doing this, you can transfer your weight easier and get a more consistent shot each time.
4. Adjust your momentum according to the match. New players should keep the pace of the game slow instead of starting off hard and risking the chance of falling behind in points.
5. Keep yourself thoroughly nourished during the match. Drinking water during every changeover and snacking on every other will keep your energy levels up and keep you hydrated.
6. Avoid playing every shot near the line so you don’t risk your shots. Pick a target on the court that you are confident about hitting and stick to that.
7. Find and exploit your opponents’ weaknesses. You can test your opponent by delivering forehands and backhands to see what they are best and worse at returning.
These tennis fixes and tips are even more effective if you are in good shape! Working out regularly, practicing a better and stronger grip on the racket, getting the right stance, having a strong forehand and effective backhand, and a good volley are all skills you can develop to play better tennis.
Get Tennis Tips for Kids at Bayview Village Tennis Camp
Camp environments produce significant growth in children in terms of their physical development, hand-eye coordination, and confidence. With a tennis camp in North York or Toronto, your kid can also meet with other local children in their age group, making the experience all the more fun.
Bayview Village Tennis Camp is the top tennis camp in the GTA. Its Tennis Canada-certified instructors work to teach kids not only how to have fun with tennis but also how to play smart and safe. More information about the junior and advanced summer tennis programs can be found by calling us at (905) 889-7293 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Peter Nielsen (see all)
- Tennis Lessons: Strength Training for Junior Tennis Players - May 15, 2017
- Learn to Play Tennis Like a Pro: 3 Skills Beginners Need to Develop - May 8, 2017
- How to Do a Tennis Serve: Tips and Techniques for Beginners - April 21, 2017